Sometimes you just have to watch a piece of your life start to crumble around you...
The difficult part is watching it slowly burn knowing you are solely responsible for it's perceived end.
We live in a world where fairy tales can come true and there's a book, or blog post, or some random jabroni on Twitter that claims to have lightning captured. Breadcrumbs to bliss. Proper steps to acquire that perfect prince. That prince may be charming, but he's going to leave the toilet seat up every once in a while. Worse yet, he may hurt you to the point where you are not even sure why you thought so regally of him in the first place...
I was that disappointing prince. My white horse became a donkey, the field of daisies quicksand. The possibility of my relationship being consumed by the void frightened me, and knowing the burden of fault solely laid on my shoulders made me doubt I could be the savior as well. I didn't think about what will change, what couldn't be salvaged how or if she would look at me differently. Abandoning all hope and living with rose colored "what-if" Blu Blockers was not an option.
It's never enjoyable falling on your own sword. Pain reciprocates from it's origin, but only becomes more so when prolonged. Or...putting up the facade that you shouldn't be held accountable at all. Either way, you lose. Truth hurts, but what scar remains afterwards is completely up to you, and the bullshit you may potentially be shoveling.
Love isn't a flawless beauty. It doesn't come from the tail of a comet. It won't make your teeth white, nor will it keep your life free of those low moments. What it is in it's entirety? I really don't know...but I do know it's not the stuff of fairy tales.





0 comments:
Post a Comment