Can't Live Without It


my frazy music, movies and books!

Music. I am so grateful for music. Not just one particular genre or artist, but everything. I thought about this today on my commute to work. I've gone about a week without my MP3 player, and the sounds of the city aren't pleasant to my ears. I appreciate that I can just put on my headphones and pretty much tune out all the bull around me. And when you hear that ONE song. You know what I'm talking about. Where that first beat drops, and whatever is going on around you doesn't even matter. Your walk changes to a slight strut, your head is nodding and you've started singing along to the lyrics. It sets the tone for the rest of the day. Nothing can bring you down.

Then there are those other times, times when you may be going through a rough spot in life. Then that one song you forgot about pops on, and it mirrors whatever you're suffering through. Reaching your soul through the wire, on the same frequency helping you cope. It is indeed Sonic therapy.

Music has been instrumental in my life (pun.) I couldn't fathom where I'd be in life without it. It's powerful, it's inspiring, it's a comforter and a friend.

Thanks again music.


You liked this post? Subscribe via RSS feed and get daily updates.

1 comments:

  1. ditto.

Post a Comment