2-0-0-6


First off, it's 2006...you should NOT be asking me how do I send an email.  If you do not know how to send one by now, please step away from the CPU before it explodes from sheer stupidity.

Okay, now we can talk music.

I really, really, REALLY hope that artists continue to raise the bar creatively.  So the people running these companies see that talent does sell records, instead of depending on catchy beats & hooks.  I recall something Jay-Z said in the "Fade to Black" DVD.  Jigga said, "You got dudes afraid to be themselves (I'm paraphrasing) which I think is true.  Music nowadays, especially rap/hip hop R&B lacks honesty & genuine people period.  In the era of keeping it real, who's keeping it real?  Hell, what is real anyway?  I guess it's carrying more guns than sense, and killing niggas....with your shirt off by the way so the hoodrats & bitches (excuse me) can see your washboard abs while you murda a bitch ass nigga.  Cause you're a thug nigga, you sell drugs & still have time to make records.....

Then there are groups like Little Brother.  Consisting of MCs Phonte,  Rapper Big Pooh & Producer 9th Wonder (who's all over the place if you've been paying attention.)  They've put out three albums that are arguably classics. (The Listening, Chittlin Circuit 1.5 & The Minstrel Show) 9th's beats are soulful and bass heavy, Phonte has a sharp flow that's brutally honest with a sharp wit to go with it.  Pooh spits with conviction & hunger (like all MCs should.)  For a while BET wouldn't play their video for "Lovin It" it was speculated that the people in charge claimed it was "too smart" (go to launch.com & peep the video.)  Don't take my word for it, listen for yourself.  My favs tracks Hiding Place, Lovin' It , All For You &  Watch Me.

I think that's what I will start doing with my blog.  Give a little shine to an artist I think you all are doing yourself a disservice by not knowing about them.  Well, in between my tirades....

Have a good one.

You liked this post? Subscribe via RSS feed and get daily updates.

2 comments:

  1. Funny you should post about Little Brother..a friend of mine just put me on to them...and I just finished putting another friend on...hopefully they can make it into the spotlight and not sell out once there..or change who they are to get the spotlight *ahem..Black Eyed Peas*

  2. Im assuming the pic above is of who......

Post a Comment