[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="435" caption="*Knock Knock*"][/caption]
Nice isn't it? Now I really don't have a problem with the shell itself. Keeps some of the silly shit out of my life. My gripe is not with the shell but with myself and how much time I've spent in the shell.
Right now I'm having deja vu I wrote a blog entry about something similar over a year ago (for the record I talked about comfort zones same shit different toilet.) Does that mean a nigga has yet to learn his lesson...not quite son. It's really a process to totally get loose especially when you've been taught for years to be completely and totally reserved. I am nowhere near the same dude I was this time last year, but fuck it I'm impatient.
I want to learn how to Salsa dance. No reason really to it except I just want it to be some shit I say I can do. I try to keep people guessing on purpose. Like, everyone seems to think they know me and they have no fucking clue...NONE. Since I come to work and leave pretty much and interact with a small number of people on that personal level, I must be dull. I don't go to parties, I don't drink I don't dance i don't smoke....8 pound 6 ounce baby Jesus forbid if I'm having sex. I just don't put my biz out there like that...those times I am very thankful for the shell.
Shit, I think I'm starting to ramble *horizontal screen wipe*
[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="If You Don't Have This Album, You Have Problems"][/caption]
If you know me well enough I have talked about this album to death. It's been in constant rotation since it released. I am uber geeked that Phonte and Nicolay are performing at The Double Door Friday night. I'll be there.
Lastly I wanted to wish my girl Chok a happy birthday, I love you gurl...shrimp for everybody!
This is My Shell....
Posted by
Melanin Brooks
Labels:
Music
You liked this post? Subscribe via RSS feed and get daily updates.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
*Kicks your shell*
Get that ish outta here. You dont need it. I can understand why you need it sometimes. But for the most part, you have so much to offer and you should offer as much as possible to the world. Thank you so much for the shrimp and everything else you have provided in my life.
Everyone needs that shell, but also to know when to come out. It's positive that you are coming out and wanting to do things you've haven't done yet. It shows that you are alive and kicking and not so set in your ways.
Also, I have been playing the FE album out myself. Anytime I'm in the car it gets play. I missed them when they came here, glad you had a ball.
Post a Comment