Whirlwinds...

Here I am, going through life's paces.  Business as usual.  The sun shines as it always does, passing light down to all who take it for granted (myself included.)  Suddenly, greys take dominion over the carolina hue of the sky.  Alarms ring loud and true.  Take cover, unless you're looking to be caught in a torrential downpour and swirling winds.  Sometimes, there is an aftermath of salvaging what's broken, or it can be nothing but a few broken tree branches.

Oh, if life's whirlwinds were that easy.  With technology today, weather can be tracked and an educated guess can be made.  High and low pressures, slipstreams etc. etc. Too bad those sciences can't be applied to warn you that a decision you are about to make will throw you for a loop.

You know that first move, declaration, emo outburst starts the rotation.  Then another and another.  God's eternal giant swing...twirls, twirls and twirls some more.  All you can do is hold on, and hope when you do land with a thud that you have some idea of what you want to do next....You're dizzy, disoriented and confused...welcome to life.

Do these whirlwinds ever stop?  Sure, if you decide to live the rest of your existence under a rock.  It's life, life's not fair, life will throw you curve balls, life will give you lemons and you'll have to make lemonade out them motherfuckers....

And I wouldn't have it any other way....

Peace.

You liked this post? Subscribe via RSS feed and get daily updates.

5 comments:

  1. I'm amazed at how you delicately described the hell I've been through! I'm thankful for the storms and rain. Without them, I wouldn't get my rainbow! Thank you much!

  2. J,

    The way you form your words are beautiful. The way you paint pictures are as vivid as vivid can be. Keep doing your thing and dropping science that way you do.... your pen is your sanity

  3. [...] First Tweet 2 hours ago jisliteskinded Jason Donaldson Highly Influential New blog entry "Whirlwinds" http://theincredibletangentman.wordpress.com/2009/08/31/whirlwinds/ view retweet [...]

  4. very nice writing. =)

  5. Love the metaphors bro, this was an excellently executed piece. Peace...

Post a Comment