I'm convinced our lives are a viral video waiting to happen. From the simple cute baby dancing to "The Stanky Leg" or an individual proving Darwin's theory correct channeling the ghost of Super Dave Osbourn (wait, he's not dead...) someone is watching.
We are in the lens daily, so much so we barely notice most times. Cameras on the light poles, on stop lights, cell phones. Seems like there are cameras to watch the cameras. I just hope when I'm being snooped upon, they get my good side (that's the left side by the way.)
Seems as 2009 the internet has captured the worst of humanity. From dumb ass rappers who spend more time boasting and bragging instead of rapping, to teabaggers showing their true racist colors, it's been a face palm type of year. Seeking to be immortalized in a Google search with "dumbass" or "bigot" as a keyword isn't a legacy I want to leave behind.
Then there is Derrion Albert
This incident, as all other tragedies in our communities, is heartbreaking in itself. When I heard there was footage of the actual brawl, I refused to watch it. To me it was a snuff film. I would be watching a young black male DIE. I would also be witness to the worst my people have to offer. Just all of this anger, striking someone down and extinguishing their spark. No love, no remorse...now five families will be scarred forever.
We have to be careful with how much time we spend on watching other people's lives. We may find ourselves lacking our own memories and milestones. Life & experience passing by. While we LOL time runs out then you're SOL.
Live & breath. Get connected. Show love.
Life Is Viral
Posted by
Melanin Brooks
You liked this post? Subscribe via RSS feed and get daily updates.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment