Destiny does not care that it has veered you off the road. It could care less that you moan & bitch that life isn't fair. You can yell to the heavens, sky write or carve a message into our moon with a James Bond villain's laser. Declaring how your current plight holds you back. Holds you down. Keeps you awake at night. It will tell you and the billion something other people on Earth the exact same thing....
"I'm just doing my job."
We control nothing. As much as our nature wants us to believe we're behind the wheel of Optimus Prime. Kicking metal-ass and taking names. It's so beyond you or I. It's not checkers OR chess. Planning ahead feels useless. Unless you have some a cauldron of glowing radiant liquid showing the rewards or consequences. Life's ill, sometimes it's just the sniffles; other times it's typhoid. Bundle up and put some Tussin on it. Get well soon.
I thought about hummingbirds this morning. Surprisingly I found similarities between them & I. Hummingbirds can flap their wings at anywhere between 12 and 90 times per second, this allows them to get to the nectar in flowers needed to sustain. In motion the beating of wings looks effortless, graceful even. The avian does not hover and dart to impress, it does it to live. The hummingbird sees the beautiful spectrum, smells the aromas but it's only food to them. Stopping to smell the flowers is a necessity for survival.
We all hover, darting in between sustenance & true happiness. Sacrificing the latter for the former more times than not. We miss out, concentrate on the finger if you will instead of all the heavenly glory (thanks Bruce.) Let's stop to smell the flowers as if we need them to survive. Replenish our aspirations, work towards greatness and try not to be eaten by a spider crab.
I write about myself quite a bit. No I'm not vain, it's just the easiest way for me to open up to you. I've heard friends use the words shy, quiet & somewhat cryptic to describe me. Do I have a wall up? Sure, who doesn't? Mine for a long time just had a moat with sharks, gun turrets, a trap door hidden under the "Welcome" mat, a company of ninjas and a trained attack dog named "Maurice." I just found it hard to trust and/or depend on people. Alone and a loner for quite some time, and that mentality kept me that way. Fear is a saboteur, a mole for the enemy. I've decided to demolish the wall, and fight it sword to sword. I want to look it dead in the eye while I conquer it.
Randomizing
Posted by
Melanin Brooks
You liked this post? Subscribe via RSS feed and get daily updates.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Good job, homes!
Well said! "Don't look back, a new day is dawning.."
Post a Comment