Okay...Halloween's over. You can tell your ego to drop the concern bit. Maybe that's a bit harsh. Calling your regard faker than Nicky Minaj buttcheeks. It's insulting to you and our friendship. I'll call it inflated....like Nicky Minaj buttcheeks (twice in one blog...SCORE!)
Now this is the part where I hit the hornet's nest with a stick
....of dynamite.
Where was all this apprehension months ago? Oh right there wasn't any because I was still pretty available. Looking back, I was too available. Picked up and put down just a quickly. Heartstrings become puppet strings without you noticing. The pull...the tug....the control...then back into the box until I'm needed.
IF I'm needed.
It sucks at the bottom of the toy box. Dank, dark and dusty. Gives you time to ponder. Too much time to wonder why they left you here. In what feels like a slow march towards death. "For old times sake" is an illusion. Nostalgia is not a DeLorean, and at the end of the day I'm back at the bottom. Face down...forgotten.
Until It is desired by someone else.
Then it's "Be careful" "Don't do it this way you'll break it"
Right.
Like you did already.
Now it is renewed...restored...and string free.
This entry does seem a bit harsh. I've read it quite a few times and I cringe a bit each time. A stand has to be made. I will not tolerate the disrespect and the character assassination of someone you barely know. If I'm willing to step into the crosshairs, isn't that enough?
I'm in love. There's nothing else to it.
Leggo My Ego 2:
Posted by
Melanin Brooks
You liked this post? Subscribe via RSS feed and get daily updates.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! Put your foot down...right in the asses of those who dare to disrespect you bro! I read this and cheered more with each reading. There is nothing wrong with being your own champion and telling it like it is. Bravo!
Post a Comment