*Broad generalization, broad generalization, broad generalization.*
Do Slim Thug's comments read like that to anyone else?
When I first read the comments....and thought about writing this entry:
Just another celebrity throwing dirt/advice at black women. "It's not us, it's YOU...and YOU yes YOU too. I wasn't going to even going to waste characters on Twitter. Yet here I sit today, my side eye the ghostwriter.
Why do we look to celebs for advice anyway? While we're at it let's ask a bull about running a china shop. Go ahead and lend Bernie Madoff a ten spot. Hell, elect Sarah Palin in 2012 see what that gets you.
Most relationship columns are poppycock anyway. Uniformity and relationship are not two words that compliment each other. "20 Surefire Ways to Please Your Man" or "Hey, You Still Single? Lose Some Weight Fatty!" could be seen on any magazine cover. If the framework for happiness in a relationship were a simple as some bullet points in print, well frankly nobody would need your fucking magazine.
I know I'm totally going off track here, but ride with with me for a while longer. The world seems intrigued by the relationship status of black women, or lack thereof if you believe the numbers. Sisters are unhappy because they're single and single because they're unhappy. Black men are tired of your neck rollin' finger snappin' nigga you ain't shittin' I don't need a man I got a vibratorin'. Blame blame blame blame blame blame blame.
My initial plan was to quote the whole article, then comment on each line. Then I realized how many times I'd have to type "LOL Wat" to a lot of the nonsense. Who wants to read a entry full of internet memes anyway?
Most single Black women feel like they don’t want to settle for less. Their standards are too high right now. They have to understand that successful Black men are kind of extinct. We’re important. It’s hard to find us so Black women have to bow down and let it be known that they gotta start working hard; they gotta start cooking and being down for they man more. They can’t just be running around with their head up in the air and passing all of us.
Settle for less? Oh sweet baby Jesus wearing bootleg fusions. What is settling for less exactly? Should black women be happy that someone wants them? Since us successful black men are almost extinct, we can pick & choose and be completely heartless dickheads in the process. A lot of women & men have a skewed perspective of what success actually is. Success cannot be completely based on the tangible. It can so easily be an illusion & before you know it you've been Zartan'd. Why does cooking always come up? Nigga, learn to cook some damn rice.
I have a brother that dates a White woman and he always be fucking with me about it saying, “Y’all gotta go through all that shit [but] my White woman is fine. She don’t give me no problems, she do whatever I say and y’all gotta do all that arguing and fighting and worry about all this other shit.”
Congratulations Slim Thug's brother's girlfriend, you've been made to look like a total simp on the interwebs! Whatever the race, you are made to look like a total weakling with no mind of your own. Any man who cannot take or bear any type of conflict is a big floppy vagina in my book. We always talk about submission, but like the Bible, people will take it in whatever context they want and start a new doctrine. Nothing says I love you like the Boston Crab. I guess the difference between your woman and a sex doll is a sex doll won't buy you Jordans.
Compromise should replace submission. Arguments are going to happen, it's a fact of relationships. Will some of them be stupid? Of course! Does it mean you should tuck your balls and find yourself a docile zombie bride? Hell no! The middle ground should be worn down from finding it after conflict. Moving on....
My girl is Black and White. I guess the half White in her is where she still cooks and do all the shit that I say, so we make it. She just takes care of me and I like that. She don’t be begging and I don’t gotta buy her all this crazy ass shit. And she’s a smart girl too.
I really dig how her being smart is an afterthought of being half-white, yielding, cooking & not having to buy shit. It's like Slim makes his girl's mixed race sound like Bruce Banner having to fight turning to the Hulk after hitting his funny bone on the corner of his desk. Oh and graduating from college ≠ smart. Some of the world's greatest morons went to school.
[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="232" caption="Rest my Case"]
White women treat they man like a king and Black women feel like they ain’t gotta do that shit. Black women need to stand by their man more. Don’t always put the pressure of if I’m fucking with you, you gotta buy me this and that. Black men are the ones that motherfuckers need [but] I think a lot of them need to step it up too. A Black man who gets a little bread will go make it rain in the club and be broke the next day or instead of him going to invest in a business he gonna go buy new jewelry or a new car and still live in the hood. Black peoples’ mentality is real fucked up in general [and] it’s affecting everything.
Yay, more vapid generalizations! Oh noes, a rapper who mentions the car they drive, how many chains they rock etc. etc. is shocked that a woman would think they'd have a meal ticket...*feigned shock.* It took you 5 paragraphs to place part of the blame on us men, but compared to how he goes in on the women it's as hard hitting as a Little Mac left hook. It's more than money my friend. The black community needs a change in view, but what are we doing to change it? Are you still going to continue to make music that encourages the current status quo? Of course you are because groupies don't dig all that conscious shit.
Black women need to be more genuine and be more 50/50 [but] It should be a fair exchange in a relationship
If you would have just said this instead of all of that other malarkey, the whole black blogosphere wouldn't be coming at your head. These relationship roles need to be unlearned. A good woman isn't just how well she cooks and cleans & a man shouldn't only be measured by how much money he brings home & what he drives. Character, not "swag." If that's one of the reasons you're with someone and you're not a teenager, you may want to reevaluate a few things.
Damn, that was painful to write. The things I do for hits....





3 comments:
Of all the intelligent black men to interview about relationships, Vibe chooses Slim Thug....wait cuz we all want a man just like slim thug... Kudos j
I wish I could make an announcement: Dear Rappers, shut the entire fuck up about what you think are the problems of Black Women. You call us all bitches and hoes. Therefore, you're a part of the problem. And you're a dickhole. Sincerely, Bskin
You are correct. LOL...dickhole.
Post a Comment