A leopard apparently can change it's spots, but that won't stop a hunter from putting a slug or two in it's side.
Stanley "Tookie" Williams is scheduled to be executed at midnight Tuesday unless clemency is granted by the Termimayor. Even though he's denounced his former gang lifestyle, received a nomination for a Nobel Peace Prize the courts see fit for him to die. I call bullshit.
I'll share my views on capital punishment in a second. I can't even imagine what any death row inmate goes through up to those final days. That a man who breathes, eats, bleeds and shits just like you can say "you don't deserve to live." Criminal or not, what mortal has that right? I bet a good amount of people who are for this also think abortion is wrong. Isn't that being hypocritical. A life is a life right? Innocent or guilty. Free or imprisoned. All I'm saying is be thorough, I can't stand a lukewarm person.
Speaking of double standards, let's talk about this movie "Chronicles of Narina." It's being praised by churches around the country. There's some biblical similarities with characters, and story. Ok, big whoop. It's got the same fantasy elements that you same people went after Harry Potter for. Hell, it even has a TALKING BEAVER! If that doesn't say spawn of Satan, then what does?
Why are a good majority of the Christians I know (or don't know) the most intolerant close minded people you can ever meet? I honestly think religion as a whole just divides people just as easily as race and sexual orientation does. Especially in the black community. We could be making big changes, but instead we argue about who's actually telling the truth. When in fact, nobody really even knows. It's all a crapshoot anyway. Why be afraid to life your life the way you feel fit. Living in fear is just another way to imprison yourself. Before you know it you're on your deathbed and STILL scared for what will happen when the lights go out.
New year's is right around the corner, what do you all have planned?
I've done a lot of writing over the weekend, I'll add it to what I have already when I feel like typing it out. You have a good day.





5 comments:
I wont go deep into what I think.. I do know this.. He killed 4 people! Had one of those 4 people been apart of my family, I would want him dead too, he has lived long enough! Longer then they have. I am sure I would try to side with my religion on the issue, but as I said.. what if we were in the shoes of the family member who misses their loved one!
Mo I can understand how the family feels, but what does killing him do? It doesn't bring anyone back. I'm not even sure about the case fully, but he may have een falsely convincted. Now follow me, say he is executed and along the line they find out he didn't do it. Now where's the justice? A few years ago you were satisfied, and now more innocent lives were lost. I guess what got lost is, what if they're killing the wrong man? This is the LAPD we're talking about.
I am not sure, I thought he had pleaded guilty! and really its not an eye for an eye.. but as I said, if it were my loved one, all I would want for him is to die. My heart would be so hurt. If they know for facts he did it, he pleaded guilty, as I said before, he has lived long enough!!!
ok, lets be real here. No one knows for sure if he is guilty. that is a question that only he and God can answer. But I personally feel that maybe he was innocent. Either way it goes they killed the man,which was wrong. They could have just let him be sentence to life or something instead of deathrow. He was kinda old anyway, he probably wouldn't have lived too much longer.
I can see where Mo is coming from on this! I would want him to be put to death too BUT then again I wouldn't. As you said it won't bring your loved one back! I would be satisfied with him being in jail for the rest of his life atleast I know he is not going anywhere! Even if he did plead guilty..people plead guilty everyday to cover for someone elses crimes, whose to say he didnt care what happened to himself and pleaded guilty to cover for someone else! We never know these days. And as for him being "old" he wasn't ancient and I'm sure he still had some years to add to his life! ~~Kat
Post a Comment