I can think of a billion and one things I want/need to speak on and just as soon as I sit in front of my laptop...nothing...nothing...nothing. This is weak I tell you. Anyway I'm going to try and make it work for all three of you that read this.
The older I get, the less the holidays mean to me. No means am I Scroogin' it up out there, but it's like the magic is gone. Nigga I got bills and tis the season to be working so I have lights in the house. Maybe past Xmases experiences add to my visions of "meh" dancing around in my head. I know it will change once kids come into play. Now I'm just not feeling it.
Year in and year out you take December to remind and to reflect. To wonder why another year has passed and you feel like you haven't accomplished anything. Oh....that's just me? My bad. I have a terrible habit of giving my mistakes and failures too much say, instead of letting my successes motivate me. Me being too cautious has caused me to miss a lot of opportunities and it bound me to unhappiness and fear. Fuckalladat for real.
That's all I got for now....
I'm Drawing A Blank
Posted by
Melanin Brooks
You liked this post? Subscribe via RSS feed and get daily updates.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
You are a wonderful person. Dont let what others couldnt see in you make you feel as if it was never there. Youre incredible. The past is the past. You got so much happening for you right now. Seize it. Grow. I'm here.... ya ya ya know it!
let's put it like this, the only human I'm buying anything for this Christmas is the one i gave birth to. i can't wait til this bullshit has past.
Post a Comment