2 in one day, my stamina is on point lol.
I don't know what I want (or need) to write, I just felt like I needed to write something. Blame it on the green, blame it on the rain...blame it on my ever rambling mind.
There was a time I didn't love life. I was in a shitty relationship, jobless, overweight and just wholly unhappy. I was low, bowing to earthworms giving the weeds that grew in sidewalk cracks pounds. My low self esteem became a tool of manipulation, my confidence spoke to me in a whisper "She's the best you can do." It was a sad scene, the world's longest & lonliest pity party. Wearing the happiness mask, and the visibility sucked. Helpless? P'shaw, I felt like I hung myself up on the hook to be slaugthered. Then shit started to change. I started to change.
A dear friend and I had a somewhat drunken talk about my situation. I don't remember everything that was said, but I came away with one thing...she told me to, and I quote to "put your dick out there." I know that sounds crude, but here's what she meant. P.Y.D.O.T. (yes I made it an acronym if you don't like it K.I.M. and F.A.Y.B.A.N) is basically a call for confidence. I believed in all of the wrong things, just because I was a victim of some bullshit doesn't mean I should act like one. Walk like you got the biggest dick in the room, but do it quietly....
I did a lot of thinking in the days after that party. Lot of inside looking and mirror staring I guess. Whatever other cliches they use for self evaluations...I noticed one thing.
I talked a lot about what I needed to do, but I would rarely follow through. It's sobering when you discover you are a part of why your life is the way it is. Was rather. In short, I got reacquainted with my own skin and realized how perfect it fit. The ingredients were there, I just had to execute the recipe.
Some would consider me a late bloomer. Sure, that's alright with me. I'd rather be growing than wilted any day.
Compelled
Posted by
Melanin Brooks
You liked this post? Subscribe via RSS feed and get daily updates.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Love this!
I'm so glad I found this site...Keep up the good work
Great site...keep up the good work. I read a lot of blogs on a daily basis and for the most part, people lack substance but, I just wanted to make a quick comment to say I'm glad I found your blog. Thanks,
A definite great read...
-Bill-Bartmann
Post a Comment